[TowerTalk] HyGain Crankup Tower HELP

Dino Darling dino at k6rix.com
Sat Apr 1 18:49:05 EST 2006


McMaster Carr has sheaves.  You can get them with 
bronze or even sealed ball bearings.  For the 
1/4" cable, they are only 2" diameter however.

McMaster Carr is a great place to buy all kind of parts!


Catalog page 1316 for description and page 1317 
for the 1/4" steel and stainless steel 
sheaves.  Aluminum sheaves are used for regular 
rope and should not be used with cable (wire rope).

>Hi guys
.a question for the braintrust.
>I am about to have a crane stand up my HG-70D HyGain Crank up tower.  I
>was replacing the cables this weekend and also had some spare sheaves
>for the cable to run over.  These are aluminum with bronze inserts.  The
>previous owner last replaced these sheaves during the Grover Cleveland
>Presidency.  They are SHOT. I did not have enough new ones to finish and
>I have no idea where to get them.  These are ½ in thick and 3” across
>and used to transport ¼ cables for the crank up.  Anyone have any idea
>where to get as close to an exact replacement as possible for these?
>I’d would need them asap and would have them overnighted here if
>possible.  Thanks as always

>-- Mike, KB4CVL in Palmetto, Fl

Dino - K6RIX
dino at k6rix.com 

No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Version: 7.1.385 / Virus Database: 268.3.4/299 - Release Date: 03/31/2006

More information about the TowerTalk mailing list