[TowerTalk] [Antennas] which type of locktite

Ray Brown kb0stn at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 2 15:07:18 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "FireBrick" <w9ol at billnjudy.com>

> I can't remember the 'color' of the locktite recommended to be used on tower and antenna
> bolts.
>

> Super Strength is Red. (Never to be used as you will NEVER get them loose again)
> I know Medium Strength is Blue.
> Light Strength is ?????

  Light strength is "purple", # 222. Medium is blue, # 242, and high-strength is red, # 271.

  There is a "green" strength but I'm not sure where it lise in these three. You can go look
at http://www.loctite.com/int_henkel/loctite/entry.cfm and enter your country and go from there.

  I know that there's a blue version that I use for very small capscrews in the medical field,
but I can't remember the number offhand.

  But the bottom line is, red will come apart only with heat and a wrench.

  There's one particular flavor, # 290, that will "wick" in by capillairy motion and help holds
things together even if you can't take it apart at all. Needs localized heat to disassemble.

  Well, have fun looking in their catalog.

                _Ray_        KBØSTN