[TowerTalk] rotor removal question

Terry Gerdes terry at ab5k.net
Sat Apr 15 08:20:43 EDT 2006

Mark,

I recently took down a R45 tower with a 17' Chromoly mast and a three
element forty on top of the mast.  The tower has a thrust bearing at the top
and a Orion rotor below.   I stopped by Home Depot and bought three short
pieces of chain and bolts.  The three chains were used to keep the mast
"on-center" and were bolted around the mast and around each leg on the
tower.   I used a truck scissor jack to jack the mast up out of the rotor.

73 Terry - AB5K