[TowerTalk] Ground rod connection: Cadweld or ????

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Mon Apr 24 15:20:17 EDT 2006

In a message dated 4/23/2006 8:34:02 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,  
towertalk-request at contesting.com writes:

>  HI All:
>  I am putting in a ground system at my  new QTH. Will have a ground ring at
the tower with (4) ground rods, plus  (2) radials plus a home run separate
but in parallel with the RF and  control cables running to the tower from the
shack (about 90  ft).
>  There will be three rods along each radial leg.  
>  I know Cadweld (or equal) is the best ground wire to rod  connection, but
what should I use as 2nd best? Cadweld seems to be rather  expensive, and
takes some skill to implement.

        The two connection methods  approved by the National Electrical Code 
are 1) exothermic (CadWeld, etc.) or 2)  mechanical, which means clamps or 
similar method. 
Steve     K7LXC
Professional tower services for commercial and amateur
Cell: 206-890-4188

More information about the TowerTalk mailing list