[TowerTalk] Is that really Rohn?

Terry Gerdes terry at ab5k.net
Sat Apr 29 14:20:32 EDT 2006

Jim,

You are right it certainly could be a clone tower.   This was formerly a
Loran tower and probably purchased for the government on a lowest cost
basis.  I would certainly like to think that it a clone and was manufactured
to a lower spec.  It looks like a swaged reduction but the reduction is very
sharp.   I compared it with some other R25 tower sections and they have a
tapered swag.  I cut another leg off the tower section and posted a couple
of pics:

http://www.ab5k.net/images/R25_1.jpg

and

http://www.ab5k.net/images/R25_2.jpg