[TowerTalk] 30m resonance....

Jim Jarvis jimjarvis at verizon.net
Thu Aug 3 09:54:09 EDT 2006

Good heavens!

What's so hard about 234/f(MHz)= .25 lambda?
Double it for a dipole. Adjust from there for
localized variables.

Add 5% for an inv. vee.
Add 5% for any elevated radials on a vertical.
Tune by folding back the ends on themselves.

Measure the distance, tip to tip between your fingertips
with extended arms...in my case 5' 6".  I measure all wire
antennas using the extended arm measurement, and add 6" for
connections, plus the aforementioned 5%, if appropriate.

The local variables will more than swamp out measurement
errors.  Note that you should plan your errors so the antenna
is long, given that it's easier to snip than add.

And 234 is hard to remember, because.....?

N2EA