[TowerTalk] mast

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 4 09:50:17 EDT 2006

At 06:01 AM 8/4/2006, Steve Litwins wrote:
>I need abt 6' of Al mast. Two inch OD and wall thickness of 0.25".  Anybody
>got some they want to part with?  All the supply houses want me to buy 24
>feet...73/dx
>steve, k8wk

May cost a bit more, but have you tried McMaster
Carr?  http://www.mcmaster.com/

What alloy?

The other place to try is calling places that do theatrical rigging.  They
use a lot of 2" tube (and a slightly different diameter, slightly smaller
(1.92?), as "speedrail").  You might be able to pick up a short piece.

Places that do aluminum railings also often have various length pieces.