[TowerTalk] Mast Length

D. Scott MacKenzie kb0fhp at comcast.net
Sat Aug 5 22:29:54 EDT 2006

Gentlemen:

I have been working on my tower - and have taken care of all the necessary
paperwork for my 40 foot tower.  The hole is dug, and I am ready to pour
concrete.  This tower will have a TH3MkIII, a 2M CC beam A147-11 mounted
horizontally (and adjusted for lower frequency), a M2 432-9WL 432 beam, and
then on top, a modified CC A505S, with lengthened boom and repositioned
elements.  My question is this - what is the minimum spacing for the
antennas?

I was thinking that 2 feet should be good - or measured from the top of the
tower TH3MkIII at 0 feet; A147-11 at 2'; followed by the 432-9WL at 4 feet;
then the 6M beam approximately 3' above that, or a net mast length (not
including that in the tower) of approximately 7-8'.  Is this too close?

Thank you for your attention.

Scott
KBØFHP