[TowerTalk] Tower Planning - Stacking Antennas

donovanf at starpower.net donovanf at starpower.net
Fri Aug 11 21:02:28 EDT 2006

Keith,

In my opinion, two 40M full size 3 element Yagis would be just as effective as three, less costly, and your 15M stack will perform better.

40M full size Yagis interact badly with 15M Yagis.  Telrex dealt with this issue 50 years ago by using shortened 40M Yagi elements.  If you provide adequate spacing (at least 1/2 wavelength on 15M) between the 40M full size Yagi and he nearest 15M Yagis, the 15M performance should be good.

Here's a stacking arrangement you might model.  You can vary the height depending on guying constraints, etc.  The critical dimension is the 25 ft spacing between the 15M Yagis and the 40M full size Yagi.

15M Yagi  47 ft
15M Yagi  94 ft
40M Yagi 115 ft
15M Yagi 140 ft