[TowerTalk] Tower Planning - Stacking Antennas - 40s

Cqtestk4xs at aol.com Cqtestk4xs at aol.com
Fri Aug 11 21:15:33 EDT 2006

At one time I had kicked around doing the same thing but concluded it  wasn't
worth the effort.  Impressive yes, but if you are going to stack 15  meter
Yagis, it could cause problems with the proximity to the 40 meter  ones.  I'm
with Frank on that one.

My stack on 40 was similar to Frank's, but my lower one was around 90  feet.
It modeled well and performed as expected.

At both of my locations I had a tribander about 10 feet above the lower 40
and the SWR was never quite right on 15.  The first used a KT34 and the  second
an A-3.  They worked OK but the SWR on 15 was definitely affected,  more so
with the A-3 than the KT34.

Bill K4XS