[TowerTalk] Towers/Antennas Near 138kV Transmission Lines

Norm Duxbury duxburyn at bellsouth.net
Mon Aug 14 21:10:51 EDT 2006

Of course, you must approach this on a case-by-case basis.  But it has been
my experience during house/QTH hunting over the years, that most of the high
voltage transmission lines are quiet except when one is located immediately
under them.  It's the poorly maintained lower voltage ones that radiate most
of the garbage.  Also, be wary of electric fences.

Bottom line, take your transceiver along in your car and do a spectrum
survey for each QTH that interests you.  When you find the QTH you really
want, do more surveys at different times of day.  It's the only way you'll
really know.

73, Norm, W1MO