[TowerTalk] DC very high voltage transmission lines

ersmar at comcast.net ersmar at comcast.net
Wed Aug 16 12:29:02 EDT 2006

TT:

     Two points then I'm done:

1.   The word <electrocution> didn't exist at the time of the Edison/Westinghouse battles.  It had to be invented to describe the method of execution by electricity.

2.   Edison didn't like AC, it was reported in some books on the subject, because he couldn't understand the higher mathematics needed to describe the physics associated with alternating current.  Tesla was a master (genius?) on the subject and left Edison's lab to work for Westinghouse in the early 20th century.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F

From: "JC Smith" <jc-smith at comcast.net>