[TowerTalk] inexpensive dummy loads

Red RedHaines at centurytel.net
Wed Aug 16 15:36:18 EDT 2006

Hi, Jim;

If your are working HF, a few 2 watt carbon comp resistors in parallel
will work  Put them in a can if shielding is required, but derate the
dissipation somewhat and consider heat sinking them.  I made one by
soldering resistors between the center conductor of some RG-8 and two
pigtails of the braid.  It gives low SWR even at 2 meter frequency.  I
didn't shield it and I never apply power for an extended time.

73 de WOØW