[TowerTalk] small antennas

Joe Subich, W4TV w4tv at subich.com
Fri Aug 18 20:40:01 EDT 2006

W4ZW writes:

> But to my ear and use for three years now I can hardly tell
> much difference between them except on 10M where the A4S has
> four elements.

Jon ... to correct the record the A4S is a three element yagi
on 10 meters.  The trapped reflector is active on 20/15 and
the single reflector is active on 10 meters.

With the A4, the longer boom provides higher gain and wider
bandwidth on 15/20 but performance would fall off on 10 so a
separate reflector was used to provide a better match and
improved F/R on 10.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV