[TowerTalk] HyGain BN style balun question.

Peter Chadwick g3rzp at g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 22 16:15:23 EDT 2006

The one I saw (and this was about 33 years ago, so I don't remember all the details) was three winding type balun  on a piece of ferrite rod about 4 inches or so long and around 1/2 inch diameter. From memory, you have two windings from coax to load, and the third winding is from coax inner to the far end of the coil connected to the coax outer. It's a pretty standard arrangement - you'll find it in the books. So all four points should be connected. We took it apart because the company I worked for at the time 'reverse engineered' it.

73
Peter G3RZP