[TowerTalk] Trenching

K8RI on TowerTalk K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Sat Aug 26 13:48:48 EDT 2006

> How about an industrial grade high pressure washer, with a flat fan
> nozzle,
> for cutting through grass and soil?  Would that work?

I have one and those things not only would, or could do the job, they'd
paint your house and the neighbor's with mud not to say what they'd do with
the rocks they throw.  OTOH with the sand and dirt mixed in they'd probably
take the insulation right off any thing they hit.  Mine will even cut a 2 X
4. Pretty ragged cut, but it'll still do it.

I have an idea they are not using real high pressure and it's a controlled
release along the leading edge of the "knife".

I think Consumers used something similar a few years back when they ran the
gas line to my shop.

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2
www.rogerhalstead.com