[TowerTalk] Cleaning hardline connectors

joe sloss k7mks at comcast.net
Sat Aug 26 23:10:57 EDT 2006

Always thought it happened to others but it is my turn now.  I use 1/2" hardline to the 6m yagi with a short RG-213/U pigtail thru the shack wall.  6 must have been open the day I assembled the hardline and coax connectors because several years later I now have some nice white residue inside the hardline and N coax connectors.

Would be interested in your favorite method of cleaning corrosion from these connectors especially the inside where a wire brush may not reach.

Many tha nks,

Joe k7mks