[TowerTalk] And now for something completely different (True North)

Don Havlicek n8de at thepoint.net
Mon Aug 28 10:35:12 EDT 2006

Actually, Polaris has been mentioned often on the reflector in the past.

To use Polaris [The North Star] to determine "True North":

1.  At night, when [and where] Polaris is visible, stand on what you
think is the South side of your tower.
2.  Align Polaris so it is directly in line with the center of your tower.
3.  Place a stake where you are now standing.
4.  Next day, align the REAR of your antenna boom to point at the stake.
5.  Your antenna now points DUE NORTH.

Don
N8DE