[TowerTalk] Tower Bolts

Phil Camera kb9cry at comcast.net
Tue Aug 29 15:28:24 EDT 2006

I'm a little slow but here's my experience.

What's the deal with putting the bolts in the way Rohn
specifies? Does anybody do it that way?

Every tower I've ever been to or climbed on has the bolts inserted from the outside with the nuts on the inside.  Even the pictures on the Rohn website show them that way.  Just try climbing a tower that would have the bolts inserted from the inside with the bolt and nut sticking out from the tower leg.  Just one snag on your flesh will convince you why they are not done that way.  And if you use binoculars, you should be able to see virtually alll from the ground.  Finally of course this is something you inspect during your annual maintenance climb up the tower.  We all do that, right?
Phil  KB9CRY