[TowerTalk] SDS Hammer Drills - Difference?

Dan Zimmerman N3OX n3ox at n3ox.net
Thu Aug 31 00:34:06 EDT 2006

The SDS chucks and bits can be used with a much harder hammering
action... plus they only bother putting them on serious pieces of
gear.  The difference ends up being night and day... SDS-equipped
hammer drills are designed to be hammer drills.

I've directly compared a Hilti SDS hammerdrill to a Black and Decker
with a standard chuck... the latter is a joke compared to the Hilti.
Home Depot around here carries Hilti stuff now... if so where you are,
go try one out, you'll see the difference.