[TowerTalk] SteppIR MonstIR Modeling

Paul Christensen w9ac at arrl.net
Fri Dec 1 19:56:02 EST 2006

I am negotiating the placement of a 4-element MonstIR on top of a 200' tower at the St. Johns inlet of the Atlantic Ocean.  If I proceed, only one antenna can be used and it must be placed at the 200' level with no opportunity to go lower.

Before moving further with negotiations, I want to ensure that the plots don't produce some unintended consequences owing to the unusually high height on the upper bands.   I realize that as height increases, the number of lobes along with associated maxima and minima field strength increases.  DX is a concern, stateside contesting is not.  Anyone willing to run some elevation profiles for 40M & 20M?  Tnx!

Paul, W9AC