[TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 48, Issue 12

Larry stowell lclarks at nc.rr.com
Sun Dec 3 20:32:50 EST 2006

 It was Ez-Way that started it now Aluma uses it, its a 6" dia pipe, 6' goes in the ground and 8' is
above ground the tower pivots across the top to fold over There are two sets of fins one at the
bottom of the pipe and one just below the 6' level. The fins are 3" at 90º. The secret is to dig a
hole 12" in dia. I used a Bobcat with a 12" post hole digger and a 3ft extension. I took the better
part of a week to back fill. a little at a time with some water and a lot of tamping. It supports a
75HD crank up and a 4 element SteppIR for 5 years with out any problems.

Larry K1ZW
Durham, NC