[TowerTalk] More possible RCS8V problems

Kelly Johnson n6kj.kelly at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 22:55:06 EST 2006

Well, cleaning the relays is not something I'm up for right now since
I'd have to climb the tower.  If/when I fix or replace this box I'll
move it from its current position at the top of the tower to the
bottom so I don't have to deal with this anymore :-)  In fact, I'd
eliminate the remote switch entirely if it weren't for the fact that I
don't want to drill more holes in my wall to get more coax lines into
the house.

I understand why the "tap with cw" thing happens, but what I didn't
understand was the failure mode where it caused the receiver to
receive S7 to S8 noise on all ports.  This doesn't sound like a
problem with only one port.  It also isn't the same symptom as what I
had before: signals dropped down to S0.  The behavior is "similar" but
different.  Dropping to S0 makes sense to me.  Causing noise didn't
make sense to me.