[TowerTalk] are small loops in beverages bad? - Summary

Tonno Vahk tonno.vahk at mail.ee
Tue Dec 5 13:46:28 EST 2006

Thanks to everybody for sharing their thought on wrapping beverage wire
around the branch or other support. Great ideas indeed!

Nobody said it would matter electrically, many have wrapped them for years
and several people have done both with no difference noted.

The major advantage of letting the beverage wire float freely on the
insulators is due to strain relief avoiding it breaking as often from the
trees or branches falling on it and being able to check if it is OK simply
from one end. Those ideas definitely opened my eyes as I often encounter
those problems in forest.

I am going to get some of those nice cheap insulators to nail into the tree
and remount my beverages on them now without any loops needed.

Thanks guys!

73
Tonno
ES5TV