[TowerTalk] Potential New FCC Tower Construction Threat

Vic wb4slm at cox.net
Sun Dec 10 12:55:14 EST 2006

<snip> The USFWS is estimating between 4 and 50 million bird collisions with communications towers each year

That's a pretty dramatic spread - even in statistical process control those figures would be thrown out -- one would think the USFWS could do better with the math on that one --

Bird collisions with towers ?? wahtta load of horse dunky -- in 40 years of my tower life I've never seen a Mr. Magoo bird injured, maimed, or do damage to itself with a collision into a tower -- most birds I have at my QTH do more damage to the objects below the antenna-tower with the deposits of you know what.. not to mention the bent elements over the years from those "dangerous doves"  ..

What's next ??  ban on domestic cats ??  I can say with certain the cat next door has sent more birds to the great beyond than my towers, wires or antennas ever did ...

TNX Rick it is interesting to see the national priority changes with the new incoming congress  -- will have to keep a satirical eye on this one --

didadit -- de Vic - WB4SLM EM82dp //