[TowerTalk] 160m inverted l

Tom Osborne w7why at verizon.net
Sun Dec 10 17:41:06 EST 2006

Interesting.  Recently I tried to shorten my 80 meter dipole by wrapping the
end .  It is bare wire, and when I calculated how much I'd have to wrap, it
actually moved it up a lot farther than I anticipated.  Does the end effect
of wrapping effect the length, even if it is bare wire?  Does the wrap add
inductance or something?  Thanks and 73
Tom W7WHY