[TowerTalk] HamIV vs. Yaesu

sawyered at earthlink.net sawyered at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 10 11:01:20 EST 2006

I have a HamIV and a 1000SDX Yaesu right now on 2 towers.  Both have had issues.  I have owned them less than 3 years.  The HamIV had a brake problem and needed to be repaired.  It was painless and quick at Norm's for about $100.  Other than that, no issues.

The Yaesu has had no problems on the rotor but the boxes are a constant problem.  They are VERY suseptable to damage if there is electrical storms in the area.  If you own a Yaesu rotor I would constantly leave the box disconnected when you are not using it.  Plus the Yaesus are a nghtmare to get fixed...long and expensive and you can only go to Yaesu.

I would not buy another Yaesu because of the repair problems and weak control box design.

Ed  N1UR