[TowerTalk] Which thruse bearing?

Bill Turner dezrat at copper.net
Tue Dec 12 11:51:53 EST 2006

I've had towers for years but never used a thrust bearing. Now I want
to. In comparing the Rohn TB-3 and the Yaesu GS-065 I see the Rohn
sells for about three times the price. Is it three times better?

This may sound odd, but the reason I want a thrust bearing is to
provide a lightning path directly from mast to tower rather than
having the strike go through the rotator to the tower. In other words,
I want to use the thrust bearing to ground the mast as opposed to
having the mast free-floating. Does that make sense?

All comments welcome.

Bill, W6WRT