[TowerTalk] Follow up on AM interference

Tom Osborne w7why at verizon.net
Tue Dec 12 16:47:50 EST 2006

Hi Dave

I actually made 2 posts, but didn't see the first one here.

The first post said that I am having problems with AM broadcast interference
with my 80 meter dipole that was never there before.  I also have an 80
meter vertical and there is no trace of the interference on that antenna,
just the dipole.

I took the dipole down and re-soldered all the connections and also
re-soldered the PL-259.   Even moved it to a different connector on the
antenna switch.  Just can't figure why all of a sudden the interference is
there only on the dipole and not on the vertical.  It is a full sized
vertical.  73
Tom W7WHY