[TowerTalk] FCC viewing restricting guyed towers

K8RI on TowerTalk K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Tue Dec 12 18:58:28 EST 2006

>I just received an e-mail form info at wirelessestimator.com and the FCC is
> considering numerous conservation groups' requests to restrict guyed
> towers
> height to less than 200 feet.  Check it out,
> http://www.wirelessestimator.com/breaking_news.cff   You got until January
> 22, 2007 to submit your comments.

That'd be interesting. I keep seeing references to 200 foot cell towers.
There are a lot of towers around there with two self supporting 400 footer
cell towers a little over a mile to the east of me and well within an
airport area. There's a 293 foot guyed tower closer in but airport proximity
limits the height.  All three of those are just far enough to the south of
the approach to runway 06 to be allowed.  At present there are *about* 30
commercial towers within roughly 15 miles of me. About a third are between
260 and 300 feet. Most are in the 300 to 350 foot range with several taller
than the local broadcast station which is 420.  I believe all but about 5 of
these are cell towers. There's the one broad cast tower just mentioned, and
several commercial and paging installations. All that and coverage is still
"spotty".

BTW those two 400 foot cell towers are on the same farm.  The family retired
just after the second tower went up.  They are "well paid" for the lease of
those two small parcles of land.

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2
www.rogerhalstead.com