[TowerTalk] Towers and property values

Alan NV8A nv8a at att.net
Wed Dec 13 17:22:58 EST 2006

It just occurred to me to look at this issue differently.

I have read that one reason municipalities demand building permits is
that they can up the value of a property based on the improvements and
then collect more property tax.

Are there cases where people have been granted a permit for a tower on a
residential property and had the value raised as a result?

(Neither of these applies here: (a) Michigan property values can be
raised by more than the CPI only when the property changes hands; (b) in
this municipality -- and many surrounding ones -- permits are not
required for towers and antennas used by FCC-licensed amateurs.)

73

Alan NV8A