[TowerTalk] Ground radials to ufer ground connection

Beat Meier bmeier at infovia.com.ar
Thu Dec 14 11:37:50 EST 2006

Phil Camera wrote:

>No need for a separate down conductor.  The tower is metal and can handle the surge energy.

Of course but I tought if there is a seperate ISOLATED condoctuor the
potencial difference between ground at base and ground at top
would be more the same if there is a seperate conductor because there is
no high current X resistenace.
Am I wrong?

>I can't comment on the ufer connection but you'll also want to have separate ground radials connected to each tower leg.  Polyphaser recommends 50 - 75 feet long radials with ground rods located every 2X rod height.

What do you mane with 2x rod height? The ground rod height? I.e. the
distance between 2 ground roads should be min. 2x rod height? Do you
mean that?

Greetings

Beat