[TowerTalk] Stiff Gloves

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 14 14:28:05 EST 2006

At 08:21 AM 12/14/2006, k1vr at juno.com wrote:
>A pair of leather work gloves, no lining, used for handling ropes
>(resembling what a cowboy would wear) was left outdoors at the base of my
>tower by a visitor. Brought indoors, they have now dried out -- and they
>are completely stiff. Is there an easy way to make them supple again?

There's a variety of leather cleaning/care products.. your local feed
and tack store will have dozens. Lexol is a notable one, probably the
one in the brown bottle is what you want (conditioner.. orange bottle
is the cleaner)

Something like hand lotion might also work.  I wouldn't use neat's
foot or mink oil because they tend to soften it too much.