[TowerTalk] Lightning Damage to Rotor Housings.

Cam and Juli Hedrick walnutcreek at appstate.net
Thu Dec 14 17:13:28 EST 2006

OK Gang, here's my experience:
I lost a TX2, thrust bearing, mast, and Telrex 20m 6 element Monobander to a
direct hit last year.  I have commercial level ground grid beneath my towers
and have sustained lightning strikes before.  This of course was a direct
strike and the others obviously weren't.  I had the tower itself inspected
for damage and replaced two sections due to arcing that had occurred.  Now,
all of my towers have a 00 cable running from the top down to the grid.  I
figure copper will take the hit before the tower next time.

Now I'm off to my anniversary dinner with the Love of My Life.

Cam Hedrick
WA4JKW