[TowerTalk] temporary guys

Art rtgsdad at mchsi.com
Fri Dec 15 12:35:46 EST 2006

I will be helping a friend erect a 100' 45G (plans changed from 190' to 100' due to county permitting issues; the tower is to get 900mhz internet, not amateur application and thus subject (in our county) to more regs).

The guys are to be at 31, 61 and 91' according to the drawings.

Questions: First, is there a "strong" reason not to guy at the 100' level, when all that is going up is the access point, it's directional antenna to the backhaul, and a small omni-directional antenna?

Second...what about temporary guys when putting it up.  If we don't use them, he'll be up on 3 sections of unguyed tower, which just doesn't seem right ;).  What material should we use for them?

Thanks,
Art, KC2G

Tired of the Federal Income Tax?
Tired of Medicare Tax?
Tired of Fancy Tax Shelters for the Few
Think it's nuts to have a tax code with chapters
devoted to individual corporations?
Then The Fair Tax is for you!
Please go to www.fairtax.org
or ask me for more information.