[TowerTalk] TowerTalk] temporary guys

Phil Camera kb9cry at comcast.net
Fri Dec 15 14:59:43 EST 2006

Three sections of unguyed 45G is the norm during tower erection.  A little tippy but very do-able and safe.  As far as temp guys, you may not need them depending on your tower base.  If the base is imbedded in concrete, I'd just erect the first three sections and then you're at your first guy point.

My tower uses the tapered, pier pin base.  So what we did was to install that section and the next section and using a bunch of guys, Iwo Jima-ed that up into position.  My main climber had brought his temporary guys which were Circus tent rope and metal poles.  This was the big stuff.  Each leg had to rops coming off of it to stakes securely pounded into the ground.  This two section piece was secured and left alone and then up we went, gin-poling the tower up to 120 ft.

Piks on my website below.

--
Phil - KB9CRY
Lockport, IL