[TowerTalk] Code test eliminated

WA3GIN in Alex. City, VA wa3gin at erols.com
Sat Dec 16 09:03:28 EST 2006

Our Radio Club (www.w4ava.org) will continue supporting teaching the Morse
code.

What is the difference if someone is forced to learn the code to get their
license then never uses it again after the pass the test or dropping the
requirement and letting those who find the communication mode interesting
and fun to learn it and use it?  Those that are fascinated by the code will
learn it and use it.  Nothing really has changed.

The health of the bobby is not the responsibility of the FCC or the ARRL.
It is the responsibility of the "Elmers" and radio clubs in the nation.

People whining about this change are probably the same people that haven't
supported their local radio club or mentored a "new" license holder in
decades! Nothing has changed really... When you plant seeds you sow them.
Galatians 6:7 says "A man reaps what he sows" (harvests what he plants, gets
what he deserves).

I'm very active in my local ham radio community so I guess someone else can
feel bad about this FCC license requirement change.  I hope it brings more
good operators to our hobby.

73,
dave
wa3gin