[TowerTalk] Code test eliminated

Bill Turner dezrat at copper.net
Sun Dec 17 14:50:33 EST 2006

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 10:38:03 -0500, kd4e <kd4e at verizon.net> wrote:

>Ummm.  There have been 13WPM and 20WPM LIDS on
>75M for 40 years.
>
>So much for CW as a LID filter.
>
>How about asking more questions about antenna
>and tower design, construction, and maintenance?
>
>That would be more relevant to the needs of most
>Hams in the real world -- and to the purpose of
>this list.

Exactly.

The most difficult radio or electronics test I ever took was the First
Class Commercial License test, which I passed on the first try. I
would point out two things: 1. Whoever passed that test had to know
his radio stuff down cold, and 2. No CW was involved.

Draw your own conclusions.

Bill, W6WRT