[TowerTalk] BIP/BOP with a three high stack

Cqtestk4xs at aol.com Cqtestk4xs at aol.com
Tue Dec 19 01:47:31 EST 2006

After doing some HFTA for my future new QTH in KH6 (a great big thank you  to
Dean, N6BV for the huge helping hand) I have found my three high stack of
SteppIRs 90/54/27 (Stackmaster) looks really good in most directions, but there
a couple of nulls I would like to bring up.  Even using the single antennas
or the lower stack will not fill them in since I am on a big hill with a big
drop off and the nulls and peaks are really kinda weird.  Taking care  of the
nulls was easy enough to do back in FL when I had monobanders on  separate
towers.

However, I think I have a way to do it and wonder if anyone has ever done
BOP with three antennas.  I found by running the middle one out of phase  with
the top and bottom, the results really suck.  However, by running the  lower
out of phase by 180 to the upper two really does what I want it to  do...give a
fat lobe of higher angle stuff to fill in the null.  At least  that is what
the modeling shows.

Has anyone ever done a three high stack in this manner and if so, did it
perform like the models suggest?  More specifically has anyone ever done  BIP/BOP
with SteppIRs?

I don't think this one has been covered before, and it sure beats the
no-code thread.

Bill K4XS/KH6