[TowerTalk] Locating Buried Feedline

Robert Chudek k0rc at citlink.net
Thu Feb 9 09:52:19 EST 2006

Roger's reply is the answer, although I don't know about "Miss Dig"...

In Minnesota, the utility companies sponsor a group who's purpose is to locate underground utilities, whether it is telephone, electric, gas, water, whatever. They come out and locate ALL utilities with different colored paint lines and flags. This is a FREE service as it has been found to be more cost effective than allowing people to dig "blind" and hit a utility. Their 1-800 number is applied to my power meter. I have used them when relocating gas lines (from propane to natural gas) and when planting trees.

I don't know whether this service is provided in other states.

73 de Bob - K0RC

Message: 9