[TowerTalk] Radial(s) into sea for a vertical on sea cliff

Hector Garcia XE2K j_hector_garcia at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 12 23:27:39 EST 2006

Peter:

I use several times verticals on islands , most of the
times we put it the beach  or near the beach. but one
time we use a DX-88 in a rocky island where  we
install the antena around 50 ft from the sea where was
a rock , no sand ,  we use 40  75 ft radials , the
ones  that fit in the sea side of the island we put in
the water,

if you can put a short  stainles steel  wires in the
water to fill that area, the other can be copper, in
some publication i read you don't need full size
radias  in the water, just a short ones that can make
the contact

good luck