[TowerTalk] Here's a real Mess for a Tower - Picture Link

Bob Smith na6t at na6t.com
Fri Feb 17 01:46:00 EST 2006

HI All,

I'm a wireless network consultant in my 'other life' and thought you
all might get
a real charge out of seeing what some people call a 'commercial tower install'

The tower in the pictures is used by a TV translator system , but a new WISP
in Ky. is thinking of putting up a system on the tower also.

He is experiencing a whole lot of electrical noise when he mounts his antennas
on the tower, but he can hold them in his hand, not mounted, and the noise
goes away.  So now he's thinking of wrapping the mounts with electrical tape to
insulate them from the tower and install his equipment.  (Good
electrical practice?)

My comment to him was "tie a cable to his bumper and to the tower and
drive away from the tower, this way he would be doing both the tower owner and
himself a favor".   No kidding aside, as you can see in the pictures
(#13 - #27)
the tower is a mess.

http://www.kywifi.com/images/vptower/index.php

Gawd, ham's get hassled in California for a 30' tower, and in Ky. you can just
put of anything, anyway and use it  ,, Go figure.

Bob Smith
NA6T

Bob Smith
A.R.S NA6T
ARRL Life Member
Fort Bragg, California   95437

"On The Air-Conditioned Mendocino Coast, In REAL Northern California"
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.