[TowerTalk] KT34XA or KT36XA WITH LADDER LINE ?

Larry Schimelpfenig k7sv at adelphia.net
Thu Feb 23 05:15:33 EST 2006

In addition to the comments already made by Dave K6LL, I have several
comments. First, if your experience withte the KT34XA to KT36XA upgrade goes
anything like mine did, you're not going to see high SWR at band edges. The
second consideration is if you were going to use ladder line, how do deal
with running it from the antenna down the mast and tower, taking antenna
rotation into consideration?

Fabio, as I've commented to others, when you do the KT36XA upgrade, the
plastic capacitor caps should fit very snuggly over the new 3/8 inch tubing
provided for the rear driven element and the reflector. Mine were loose, and
water would get into the tube assemblies when it rained. I ended up going
back to drain holes on the bottom of the larger tubes between the plastic
capacitor caps.

Beyond that problem, I've been extremely pleased with the 36 upgrade. Twenty
and ten always played well, and the upgrade really made a difference on
fifteen meters.

GL with your project.

73 de Larry K7SV