[TowerTalk] Elevated Guys ??

Alton J Drummond Jr lilrock44 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 8 13:23:02 EST 2006

Hello All,
I am a Amateur Radio operator and I am installing a 65ft Rohn 25G. I dug the founation 4ft deep by 2.5 ft sq. This hole took 35 bag of Ready Mix. One ten foot section of tower is in the ground, 4.5 ft. Now, the guys, I want to raise the guys so they don't "Clothes Line" anyone, and I can still walk around the yard. What are some suggestions on doing this. I was thinking a 9' or 12'steel pole 3 ft in the ground with cement, How large or thick should it be, 2 or 3 or maybe 4 inch round??? I am putting a 11 ele 70cm yagi, 13 ele 2m yagi and a TH6DX on this tower. I live in southeast Ala., average winds is 85 mph when the season is right, I am within 100 miles of Gulf of Mexico, Hurricanes and High winds during the Fall seasons. I want to do this right, any and all suggestion, I Thank You now for them.
Alton J Drummond Jr
KA7RWT / AAV4WL