[TowerTalk] Loos Gauge model PT-2

George K3GP k3gp at arrl.net
Wed Jan 11 18:08:28 EST 2006

Tom WA9WSJ wrote:
 > Hello Team,
 >
 > I just picked up my Loos gauge to check the guy
 > tension on my towers and noticed that the pointer is
 > not resting on zero, as I would expect, but rather
 > between 3 and 4. I can't push it any further toward
 > zero because it is at the end of its travel. No broken
 > or bent parts etc. I would like to think that I would
 > have noticed this before and that it originaly was at
 > zero but I can't remember.
 > In any case, what is the collective wisdom about this?
 >
 > Has anyone else seen this problem? Or do I have a
 > fluke, no not the meter :-)
 >
 > Tom

My Loos PT-2 which I bought brand new from a Boating supply house, is
resting on "5".

There is a pre-printed label on it that says: "Gauge is calibrated. May
not read zero at rest".

Based on that, I think you (and I) are OK.

My question is, who in our latitude adjusts guys at this time of year?  ;)
--
333-3333,
George K3GP