[TowerTalk] T2X ROTOR Plug/socket

Don Beattie g3ozf at btinternet.com
Thu Jan 19 06:25:33 EST 2006

Silly question, but I wonder if anyone can help. On one of my T2X rotors the in-line 8 pin AMP plug/socket on the flying lead from the rotor housing has somehow got water into it. This has caused a slight bit of corrosion/electrolytic action on the pins/sockets. The result is that the direction indicator is jumping about occasionally.

I've cleaned the pins of the plug by rolling some fine emery paper into a tight tube, and sliding this over each pin in turn. The Socket is a bit more of a problem. I am reluctant to push anything into the socket holes, in case I push them open too wide to make contact with the plug pins.

Has anyone had this problem before - if so is there an easy and safe way of cleaning the socket contacts ?

73

Don, G3BJ