[TowerTalk] tower specs/not wind loads

Steve Shelton Steve at bnjcomp.com
Mon Jan 23 13:09:44 EST 2006

Hi, I am fairly new to towers and I have tried to research information
on rohn's 25, 45 and 55 towers.  I have found quite a bit of information
on these towers but not the exact answers that I am looking.  One of my
questions is what is the maximum safe height on these three towers
without guying?  How much weight can they handle guyed or unguyed? The
reason I ask is that I do a lot of tower climbing and often run into a
rohn 25 that is not guyed.  Most are only 40' but some as high as 80'
and without guy wires these towers do a lot of swaying.  I would feel
more comfortable on these particular towers if I knew for sure that an
extra 200lbs harnessed to the side of this tower is not going to be the
stick that broke that camels back.  Thank you for any information that
you have.

Steve     stseves at yahoo.com