[TowerTalk] Steppir on a 55' US Tower MARB55 crank up tubular - also vertical?

tom scott trscott at sterlink.net
Tue Jan 24 11:40:46 EST 2006

I am looking at getting a 3el Steppir to put on my US Tower MARB55.

Does anyone have experience with this combination, any particular issues? This antenna seems like a pretty good match to the tower's capacity. I can get very high winds here on a mountain top.

Has anyone tried to load up the tower mast as an adjustable height vertical with the Steppir as an adjustable top hat? Any particular issues with this? Could this work? Could you use separate feedlines and do the switching in the shack? It would be theoretically possible to insulate the mast from ground, but maybe that isn't necessary? How would you load it?

I am thinking maybe this would work on 40/80/160?