[TowerTalk] Fiberglass rod - 1.75"

CubexCo@aol.com CubexCo at aol.com
Fri Jan 27 13:33:18 EST 2006

In a message dated 1/27/2006 12:03:55 PM Eastern Standard Time,
towertalk-request at contesting.com writes:
Building a 80m vertical from Rohn 25g sections and need some fibreglass solid
rod; 1.5" OD,  preferably 1.75" OD, to insulate/isolate  the Rohn 25 tower
base section. Besides Max-Gain Systems (only have up to 1.5"), where are my
choices? A search on fibreglass, fibreglass  rod gets me lots of fishing poles!

Mike, K5UO, 9H3UO
A cost effective solution is to buy the solid 1.5" and 1.75 TUBING.  Slip the
tubing over the solid generously doped with epoxy glue and you have the
effect of a solid 1.75" fiberglass rod.

Regards,
Norman W4QN

"The Power of a Cubex Quad"