[TowerTalk] Community Ordinances

wf3h@comcast.net wf3h at comcast.net
Sun Jan 29 18:09:35 EST 2006

We who live in TX are fortunate to have had this battle already fought on our behalf.

When I lived in PA, my twp had a 35' height restriction.  I summarized a number of cases, especially the recent one from TX fought by Orin Snook, where the federal court basically told the twp that they had to shove their restrictions.

The attorney for the twp. in PA told me that this case was not 'binding' but was 'persuasive'.

In TX, however, it IS binding since it was decided by the Federal Circuit court that covers TX.

So check do a search on Orin's case. You might be able to find it on the ARRL website. It leaves local govt's in TX little maneuver room to restrict antenna heights.

Regards
Bob/WF3H/5
Dallas

From: "AD5VJ Bob" <rtnmi at sbcglobal.net>